August 25, 2020
Dear Tiger Parents and Fans,
On August 14, 2020, Governor Tate Reeves signed an Executive Order limiting the capacity at all events involving middle schools and high schools in the State of Mississippi. The Order states only two tickets per participant are to be sold at all middle school and high school events until August 31, 2020. In accordance with the Executive Order, the Hattiesburg Public School District will change its ticket sales procedure for the 2020-2021 school year. The procedure changes are as follows:
GATE PASSES & GENERAL ADMISSION
- Tickets will be required for children of all ages.
- Only MHSAA State Passes will be accepted.
- Free admittance for employees of Hattiesburg Public School District, the City of Hattiesburg, and all Military personnel has been suspended for the 2020-2021 school year.
- No other student, school, or district pass will be allowed.
- Due to COVID-19 and social distancing guidelines, ticket availability will be limited to two tickets per participant for all games.
- All sales of Reserved Season Tickets and “All Sports” passes are suspended for the 2020 Season.
- On Monday and Tuesday of home game weeks, participants such as football players, managers, cheerleaders, band members, color guard, dance team members, and JROTC will be able to purchase two tickets each. Tickets must be purchased at the Tiger Center on the campus of Hattiesburg High School. The athletic office will have rosters for each group. Each participant's name will be marked off after the purchase of the tickets.
MIDDLE SCHOOL FOOTBALL
- On a home game day, two tickets per participant (football players, football managers, and cheerleaders) will be available for purchase at the gate. Each participant's name will be marked off after the purchase of the tickets.
- Visiting teams must provide a roster. Parents and/or guardians of the visiting team will be allowed to purchase two tickets per participant at the gate.
- On a home game day, two tickets per participant (players & managers) will be available for purchase at the door. Each participant's name will be marked off after the purchase of the tickets.
- Visiting teams must provide a roster. Parents and/or guardians of the visiting team will be allowed to purchase two tickets per participant at the door.
EVERYONE who enters a venue for an MHSAA sanctioned event, whether it be indoor or outdoor, will be required to wear a mask at ALL times. Spectators must adhere to all social distancing guidelines at all times. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation during these unprecedented times.
Yours in Athletics,
Hattiesburg High School Athletic Director
“Built for Greatness”